Greg Kroah-Hartman has announced the immediate availability for download of Linux kernel 3.10.24, which brings a fair amount of changes and fixes.The new maintenance version of the 3.10.x branch has been released and, just like the previous build, a lot of commits have been added.
As usual, these point release versions of the Linux kernel don't bring anything major and mostly comprise driver updates and various fixes. This should not stop you from upgrading to the new build.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.10.24 kernel. All users of the 3.10 kernel series must upgrade.”
“The updated 3.10.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.10.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git,” Greg Kroah-Hartman said in the email announcement.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.10.24:
• The second and third PCIe unit of Armada XP mv78260 have been fixed;
• Second PCIe unit of Armada XP mv78230 is only x1 capable;
• The handling of unsupported CSIZE setting has been corrected;
• Support has been added for the Lenovo RD02-D400 USB Modem;
• A mono speaker quirk has been added for Dell Inspiron 5439;
• A aes-xts parameter corruption has been fixed;
• Virtual CPU registers are now used to access coherency registers.
• Wrong GPIO input data on MPC8572/MPC8536 has been fixed.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.10.x branch are urged to update to the new version as soon as possible. More details about the changes in this branch of the kernel can be found in the official announcement. Download Linux Kernel 3.10.24 right now from Softpedia.