Greg Kroah-Hartman announced yesterday, October 31, that another update to the 3.0.x Linux kernel branch, the fiftieth, is now available for download.
Linux kernel 3.0.50 doesn't bring anything major and just bolsters some new drivers and improved Arch support.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.0.50 kernel. All users of the 3.0 kernel series must upgrade.”
“The updated 3.0.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.0.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary,” Greg KH said in the email announcement
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.0.50:
• Usage of smp_processor_id() in pre-emptible code has been removed;
• Change id to let i2c-gpio work;
• Unusual_devs entry for Casio EX-N1 digital camera has been added;
• Switch away from the idmap before updating init_mm.mm_count, on ARM systems;
• Undo incorrect revert in arch/x86/mm/init.c
Download Linux kernel 3.0.50
right now from Softpedia.