Download the latest version of Libvirt from Softpedia
Libvirt, a collection of software that provides a convenient way to manage virtual machines and other virtualization functionality, such as storage and network interface management, is now at version 1.0.3.The Red Hat developers are on a row and have already pushed two updates this year and we’re only in March.
“So that release took a bit longuer to stabilize, but as a result we hopefully have a good release :-) . It is tagged in git now, so the freeze is over.
“Except for a few new API this release is more oriented toward incremental improvements and bug fixes, with also a large amount of documentation improvements and portability fixes,” said Daniel Veillard from Red Hat.
Highlights of Libvirt 1.0.3:
• Basic support for VDI images has been added;
• The library has been updated to include RPC and Lock links and add new data;
• References for phyp and parallels have been added;
• Text and references for daemon have been added by John Ferlan;
• Text and references have been added for drivers section;
• Complete list of function and naming conventions;
• A typo in network docs has been fixed;
• A wrong evaluation has been repaired in qemuDomainSetMemoryParameters;
• libvirt didn't logout of iscsi targets, causing system hang on shutdown;
• Remove managed save flag from VM when starting with –force-boot;
• Make sure qemuProcessStart is working within a job;
• Don't fail to shutdown domains with unresponsive agent;
• A crash which occurred while changing the CDROM media has been fixed;
• Avoid deadlock when closing client connection;
• The libvirt upgrade path is now set correctly when the nwfilter is used;
• A re-entrant API call in SELinux/AppArmor security managers has been removed;
• Make sure to get proper pointer to 'dname'.
Consult the official changelog for a complete list of updates, bug fixes, and new features.
Download Libvirt 1.0.3 right now from Softpedia.