Download the latest version of Libvirt from Softpedia
Libvirt, a collection of software that provides a convenient way to manage virtual machines and other virtualization functionality, such as storage and network interface management, is now at version 1.0.2.After releasing the 1.0.1 version a little over a month ago, the developers of Libvirt have now launched a new major version, totaling over 450 changes and other assortments.
“This is a large release, including over 450 commit, with a lot of code refactoring, improvements and a huge set of fixes a lot of them coming from the cleanup of the Coverity reports. Considering the volume of changes let's schedule the next release (probably 1.0.3) for the end of the month of February,” stated one of the Red Hat developers, Daniel Veillard.
Highlights of Libvirt 1.0.2:
• Make sure we only abort without libcurl if $with_esx = yes;
• Fix RPM build errors related to libvirt-lxc API;
• The file deleting action has been moved from %files list to %install;
• libvirt-guests files are no longer misplaced in specfile;
• Check for broken GCC -Wlogical-op in configure;
• Don't format cputune element when not needed;
• Support for thread and core information has been added for the test driver;
• Additional data has been added to the NUMA topology info;
• Switch CPU data in NUMA topology to a struct;
• Split out NUMA topology formatting to simplify access to data;
• Move qemu-XXX commands from virsh-host.c to virsh-domain.c;
• Speed up fallback to legacy non-QMP;
• Re-enable capability probing for virtio devices;
• Change string form of VIR_ARCH_ITANIUM back to ia64;
• Support for USB host device passthrough with LXC has been added;
• Support for hotplug/unplug of host misc devices in LXC has been added;
• Sysinfo data has been added and the virSysinfoRead test case has been enabled for POWER.
Consult the official changelog for a complete list of updates, bug fixes, and new features.
Download Libvirt 1.0.2 right now from Softpedia.