Libvirt 1.0.1 Released, Hundreds of Changes Implemented
Download the latest version of Libvirt from Softpedia
Libvirt, a collection of software that provides a convenient way to manage virtual machines and other virtualization functionality, such as storage and network interface management, is now at version 1.0.1.After releasing the 1.0 version a little over a month ago, the developers of Libvirt have now launched a new major version, totaling over 350 changes and other assortments.
“This is a balanced release with both new features, a lot of improvements and a reasonable amount of bug fixes too, overall a bit more than 350 commit, accumulated since 1.0.0,” stated one of the Red Hat developers, Daniel Veillard.
Highlights of Libvirt 1.0.1:
• A virtlockd daemon has been added, along with disk and network device support;
• Gluster protocol has been added, as the supported network disk backend;
• virCgroupGetAppRoot stub has been changed on non-Linux to avoid unused param warning;
• dbus-daemon is now required when using the libvirtd library in Fedora;
• A build failure with and older dbus has been fixed;
• ppc64 and s390x to arches have been added where qemu-kvm exists;
• The (non)update of the dnsmasq config has been fixed during virDomainUpdateDeviceFlags;
• dnsmasq is now prevented from listening on localhost;
• A memory leak in QEMU QMP capabilities initialization has been plugged;
• The daemon shutdown is now inhibited during driver initialization;
• A memory leak introduced by commit 501bfad1 has been fixed;
• Shut down session libvirtd cleanly on host shutdown/user logout;
• The desktop shutdown is now inhibited while any virtual machines are running;
• The virBitmap allocation has been fixed in virProcessInfoGetAffinity;
• lockd files are now included in the libvirt-daemon package;
• Support for locking based on SCSI volume ID has been added;
• Support for locking based on LVM volume uuid has been implemented.
Consult the official changelog for a complete list of updates, bug fixes, and new features.
Download Libvirt 1.0.1 right now from Softpedia.