The final and last version in the 4.1.x branch is now available for download
The Document Foundation has announced that the final version for LibreOffice 4.1.0 is now available for all platforms, including Linux.The new LibreOffice 4.1.0 has finally arrived after several Release Candidates have been made available over the past few months.
As a side note from the developers, the Linux packages can be installed in parallel with LibreOffice 3.6.7, but do not run simultaneously.
"Interoperability is a key asset for LibreOffice, which is the de facto standard for migrations to free office suites since early 2012. Numerous improvements have been made to Microsoft OOXML import and export filters, as well as to legacy Microsoft Office and RTF file filters."
"Most of these improvements derive from the fundamental activity of certified developers backing migration projects, based on a professional support agreement," reads the official announcement.
Highlights of LibreOffice 4.1.0:
• The LibreOffice 4.x package has dropped a few long-deprecated features, which include the support for legacy binary StarOffice files, export to legacy Word and Excel (version 6.0/95), and legacy ODMA document management;
• Font embedding has been implemented in Writer, Calc, Impress and Draw;
• A few new import and export functions for Excel 2013 have been added, which are very useful for ODF OpenFormula compatibility;
• Some AOO features, including the Symphony sidebar, have been imported.
• A very large number of other new features and improvements have been implemented;
According to The Document Foundation, starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important change is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names – so if you use scripts to download the packages, you will have them updated to the new schema.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download LibreOffice 4.1.0 for Windows
Download LibreOffice 4.1.0 for Linux
Download LibreOffice 4.1.0 for Mac OS X