The final and last version in the 4.0.x branch is now available for download
The Document Foundation has announced that the final version for LibreOffice 4.0.4 is now available for all available platforms, including Linux.The new LibreOffice 4.0.4 has been deemed as minor release in the 4.0.x branch and it's actually the last one before the next big update in July, LibreOffice 4.1.
As a side note from the developers, the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but do not run simultaneously.
”LibreOffice 4.0.4 features many improvements in the area of interoperability with proprietary document formats. This ongoing activity has been instrumental for the choice of LibreOffice by all major migration projects to free software since early 2012, including several central and local governments in Europe and South America,” reads the official announcement.
According to the developers from The Document Foundation, LibreOffice 4.0.4 has closed a number of bugs and regressions over the previous releases. This work has been done thanks to the QA volunteers.
Highlights of LibreOffice 4.0.4:
• The animations inside SmartArt work have been fixed;
• When saving in MSWord doc format, the table is now placed inside the frame;
• SVG Export no longer ignores line width;
• Comments are now readable;
• Pictures are now saved in the .pptx format;
• The Command line conversion to HTML no longer fails;
• Displaying the attached VSD document is now done properly;
• A missing default button in Format -> Alignment dialog (Math) has been added.
According to The Document Foundation, starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names – so if you use scripts to download the packages, you will have them updated to the new schema.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download LibreOffice 4.0.4 for Windows
Download LibreOffice 4.0.4 for Linux
Download LibreOffice 4.0.4 for Mac OS X