The Document Foundation has announced that the second beta version for LibreOffice 4.0.0 is now available for the Linux platform, bringing a lot of bugfixes and improvements.
Highlights of LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta 2:
• Support for multiple selections in page fields has been implemented;
• Setting properties for all data labels has been fixed;
• A misleading font replacement for list bullets has been fixed;
• The speed for Refresh PIVOTTABLE has been fixed;
• RTF editing/import now recognizes page breaks;
• FILEOPEN .docx document no longer crashes LibreOffice.
Check out the official changelog
for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download LibreOffice 4.0.0 Beta 2
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.