Liberté Linux 2012.3 Has Linux Kernel 3.4.7
It also features XOrg Server 1.12 and Mesa 8.0 with Gallium3D
Liberté Linux, a secure, lightweight and easy-to-use Gentoo-based Live Linux distribution with the primary purpose of enabling anyone to communicate safely and covertly in hostile environments, is now at version 2012.3.Liberté Linux 2012.3 brings a lot of changes, ranging from a new Linux kernel, to simple fixes and updates for various packages. Among the most important, we can mention:
· Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.4.7, with better hardware support;
· Unionfs has been replaced by overlayfs;
· EFI boot binaries are signed for Secure Boot (tested in OVMF), establishing a trusted boot chain starting with a KEK / DB certificate (located in EFI directory);
· Several drivers have been added: XOrg Server 1.12 and Mesa 8.0 with Gallium3D for Radeon cards, Nouveau driver for Nvidia cards, and support for accelerated VMware graphics virtualization;
· Boot parameters handling has been simplyfied;
· “blacklist” boot parameter for blacklisting kernel modules from autoloading has been added.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Liberté Linux 2012.3 right now from Softpedia.