Liberté Linux, a secure, lightweight and easy to use Gentoo-based LiveUSB/SD/CD Linux distribution with the primary purpose of enabling anyone to communicate safely and covertly in hostile environments, is now at version 2012.1.
Liberté Linux 2012.1 brings a lot of changes, ranging from a brand new Linux kernel, to simple fixes and updates for various packages. Highlights of Liberté Linux 2012.1:
· Hardened Linux kernel 3.2.11 has been implemented;
· All PaX protection exceptions have been removed;
· 3G support for modems with PIN unlocking has been fixed;
· A better filesystem security has been added;
· Filesystem is now FHS-3.2+/run-compliant;
· Perfect forward secrecy and repudiability in cables communication was added;
· Better virtualization support has been implemented.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement
. Download Liberté Linux 2012.1
right now from Softpedia. Follow us on Google+