Valve has just posted a small update for Left 4 Dead 2, its popular zombie shooter, which aims at solving a few glitches with the custom campaign select screen as well as with the recently added Workshop feature.Left 4 Dead 2 attracted a lot of players to its cooperative zombie-shooting experience and Valve, just like with most of its games, has released plenty of new content for it.
Most recently, the studio has added Steam Workshop support to it, meaning players can create and share mods for the game straight from Steam and easily browse for new things to enhance the shooter.
As you can imagine, a few issues were encountered by players so Valve has now posted a special update.
Issues relating to the Custom Campaign select screen as well as with the Workshop Publishing tool are fixed by the update, so check out its contents below, via Steam.
Custom Campaign select screen:
- Show all installed custom campaigns, not just the ones that support the current mode.
- Disable list items for campaigns that don't support the current mode, and sort them to the bottom of the list.
- Fixed some uninitialized text fields when no campaign is selected.
- Moved an informational string so it doesn't overlap the campaign list.
Workshop Publishing Tool:
- Removed the file count from the download progress bar to avoid confusion when stale meta-data indicates there are more files than actually exist.
- Don't show the download progress bar if no valid files were found.
- Fixed the "Failed to write file chunk…" error message not correctly showing the number of bytes written.
The new update is already live on Steam and should be automatically downloaded the next time you start up the service's client.