League of Legends Works with Wine 1.5.19, Download Now
The latest version of Wine can be downloaded from Softpedia
Alexandre Julliard announced on December 7 a new development version of the Wine app, which brings assorted bug fixes and improvements.As usual, the number of new features and bug fixes in the development version of Wine (Wine is Not An Emulator) is quite large, even if we don’t take the important changes into account.
Highlights of Wine 1.5.19:
• A few performance improvements in the DIB engine have been integrated;
• A more fleshed out XML-lite implementation is now available;
• Some more C++ runtime functions have been implemented;
• A crash in cmd.exe with lib.exe, due to VC++6.0, has been fixed;
• Direct3D no longer only shows garbage when rendering to a 'child' window, on Intel processors;
• Enclosing quoting of built-in commands and parameters no longer confuses cmd.exe, in the Windows PowerShell 2.0 installer for example;
• Microsoft Product Support Reporting Tool 6 (32-bit) now works properly;
• CreateFileW no longer crashes when it receives an invalid filename;
• The Classic Shell installer no longer fails to extract the setup file;
• A handle failure to reserve NT shared user data at 0x7ffe0000 has been fixed;
• The Adobe Acrobat Professional XI no longer needs msvcp100.dll;
• The WinUAE emulation window is now refreshed properly when other windows move in front of it;
• Mezzmo no longer fails to start due to unimplemented function from MSVCR80.dll;
• The desktop is now longer exposed on window resizes.
Wine 1.5.19 also brings bug fixes for the following Windows games: Silent Hunter III, Supreme Commander, Pikachu Volleyball, League of Legends, Magicka, Dungeons and Dragons, Europa Universalis III, Port Royale, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2013.
Download Wine 1.5.19 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW