LG’s Enhanced Optimus G for Europe Gets Detailed on Video
The smartphone arrives on shelves with improved features
Today, South Korean mobile phone maker LG Electronics announced the upcoming availability of a new flavor of its Optimus G smartphone, designed specifically for the European market, with Google’s Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean platform loaded on top, and with enhanced features inside.According to LG, the smartphone will hit the market with some new, innovative features, as well as with a greatly enhanced user experience when compared to what the phone could offer when launched in Asia last year.
Furthermore, there’s also the latest version of Google’s Android operating system loaded on top of the smartphone, which powers various new features and capabilities.
Some of these enhancements include:
- Upgraded Qslide function: Multiple function at the same time
- Expandable Notification: More message preview
- Filmstrip View: Easier photo gallery management
- Google Now: Voice activated system to get information according to lifestyle
- Safety Care: Emergency notification for certain situations
- Privacy Keeper: Caller information only when needed
- Editable Contacts: Arrange contacts by groups
- Quiet Time: To be uninterrupted, other than alarm and multimedia
To provide users with a better glimpse at what the new version of Optimus G has to offer, LG has published a video hands-on with the device, which can be seen embedded below.
Although it comes with a variety of software improvements, however, the device appears to have kept the hardware specifications that it was first released with.
This includes the 4.7-inch HD touchscreen display, a quad-core processor packed inside, 2GB of RAM to enable increased performance capabilities, and a 13-megapixel photo snapper on the back (though the smartphone landed in some markets with an 8MP camera).
LG’s Optimus G also comes with the usual set of connectivity capabilities and sensors, providing users with all the functionality that they would expect for a high-end device. The enhanced Optimus G will arrive in Sweden soon, followed by Italy, France, and Germany.