One of the latest mobile phones that became available via RadioShack is the Kyocera Echo Android-based device, which is on its way to the market on Sprint's airwaves.
Already made available for reservations via Sprint, the new handset has just received the same status at the said retailer, ahead of its official launch, set for April 17th.The Kyocera Echo for Sprint
is now listed at Radio Shack with a price tag of $199.99 attached to it, and with the said shipping date next to it as well.
The new mobile phone comes with two touchscreen displays on board, 3.5-inch LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive panels, which can be used together as a display that measures 4.7 inches diagonally, and delivers a 800 x 960 pixels resolution.
The smartphone runs under Google's Android 2.2 operating system, which should offer great performance on the 1GHz Snapdragon processor (QSD 8650 Android) the handset was packed with.
The specs list it arrives on shelves with would also include Wi-Fi: (802.11 b/g), Wi-Fi hotspot capability (supports up to 5 devices), Stereo Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR connectivity, and support for 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A).
The features list of the new device
also includes:- Full HTML Web browser with Google search, optimized for dual-screen experience
- Sprint Zone one-stop wireless account access, phone tips, news and more
- Access to Telenav GPS Navigator and Sprint TV & Movies
- Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk instant message, Gmail, YouTube, and synchronization with Google Calendar
- Messaging – personal and business email, Google Talk instant message and text messaging
- VueQue, a pre-loaded app that lets users watch a YouTube video in one display, while browsing, queuing and buffering additional YouTube videos on the other
The mobile phone
sports a 5-megapixel photo snapper with flash, auto focus and 720p HD camcorder, digital compass, accelerometer, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPS, or a 1370mAh battery for increased usage time.
Other specs of the new device would include a 3.5mm stereo headset jack, 1GB/512MB of memory, complemented by microSD memory card slot with support for up to 32GB of additional storage space (an 8GB microSD card included).
The Kyocera Echo for Sprint can be seen at RadioShack here