Following the release of Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander), we are proud to announce the immediate availability for download of Kubuntu 13.10.
Kubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) is an operating system based on several different technologies, such as KDE Software, Plasma, Linux kernel, Debian, and Ubuntu.
Kubuntu is based on KDE SC 4.11, which comes with a lot of interesting and exciting new features. This distribution could prove to be a good replacement for people who are avoiding Unity.
Highlights of Kubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander):
• KDE SC has been updated to version 4.11;
• Faster Nepomuk indexing has been added, Kontact improvements such as a new theme editor for e-mails have been implemented.
• The distribution prepares the ground for future developments using Wayland and Qt 5;
• A friendly way to discover and install applications is now available with Muon Discover;
• The User Manager is now providing a simpler way to manage the system users. For advanced management of groups or LDAP, users can install kuser;
• Wireless Setup is now available right from the installer. Users can now setup WiFi networking from the installer, making it easier to install updates and extra packages during the actual procedure;
• Chat application KDE Telepathy has been updated to version 0.6.2 and adds several improved features;
• The new Network Manager applet now provides a simpler UI for connecting to a range of network types;
• A new About System page has been added in System Settings.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.