The distribution is based on the latest KDE 4.10.1, but an update is on its way
Canonical announced the immediate availability for download and testing of the second Beta release for the upcoming Kubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) operating system.Kubuntu 13.04 Beta 2 (Raring Ringtail) has been launched along with Ubuntu 13.04 Beta 2, and it seem to pack the most features, in comparison with the other releases.
Highlights of Kubuntu 13.04 Beta 2 (Raring Ringtail):
• The distribution is based on KDE Plasma and Applications 4.10.1. This means that a new screen locker, Qt Quick notifications, color correction in Gwenview, and faster indexing in the semantic desktop, have been added as new features;
• KDE Plasma and Applications 4.10.2 will be available shortly after this Beta release;
• Muon Suite 2 has been added in the distribution and introduces support for installing Plasma widgets found in KDE's KNewStuff framework from within Software Center and Muon Discover;
• Rekonq 2 has received an upgrade and it now supports in-line spell checking;
• Homerun, a full screen alternative to the Kickoff application menu, is now available;
• New screen management tools has been added, making it easy to attach and unattach extra monitors;
• A new font from KDE's artists has been added and it's called Oxygen Sans Font;
• Krita, the painting application used in Kubuntu, is now new calculations library Vc, making it twice as fast as before;
• LibreOffice has been updated to version 126.96.36.199;
• Kubuntu should now be able to support UEFI Secure Boot, a standard for controlling what software can be run on a computer;
• Linux kernel was updated to version 3.8.0-12.21, which is based on the upstream v3.8-rc6 Linux kernel.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download Kubuntu 13.04 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.