Chris Smart proudly announced last evening, June 3rd, the immediate availability for download and testing of the first Beta release of the upcoming Kororaa 17 Linux operating system.Dubbed Bubbles, the Kororaa 17 distribution is based on the recently released Fedora 17 release, it features the GNOME 3.4 desktop environment with GNOME Shell (includes software rendering support), KDE Software Compilation 4.8 and the brand-new Cinnamon desktop environment.
[admark=1]While the Cinnamon environment is offered as an alternative on the GNOME Edition of Kororaa 17 Beta, the KDE Edition features Firefox as the default web browser and VLC Media Player for all your media playback needs.
Moreover, the GNOME 3 desktop environment in Kororaa 17 Beta has been customized with several extensions and a nice theme, in order to provide a beautiful and pleasant desktop experience to its users. Also, GNOME Tweak Tool (Advanced Settings) has been added in this release.
Highlights of Kororaa 17 Beta:
· Linux kernel 3.3.7;
· Based on Fedora 17 (Beefy Miracle);
· GNOME 3.4;
· KDE SC 4.8;
· Cinnamon (optional);
· VLC Media Player as default media player;
· Mozilla Firefox as default web browser;
· Adobe Flash Player installer;
· Empathy and Choqok microblogging clients;
· Out-of-the-box multimedia support;
· Pre-installed Adblock Plus, Flashblock, DownThemAll and Xclear add-ons for Firefox;
· Added third-party software repositories for installing VirtualBox, Google Chrome, RPMFusion, Adobe;
· Kdenlive and OpenShot video editors;
· SELinux enabled by default;
· Support for English (Australian and British) languages/dictionaries.
Kororaa 17 Beta with Cinnamon
Kororaa 17 Beta is distributable as Live DVD ISO images with separate GNOME/Cinnamon and KDE editions, for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
Download Kororaa 17 Beta right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
Follow us on Google+