Kiwi Linux, a slightly modified Ubuntu Desktop image for the i386 architecture, which is in sync with Ubuntu's LTS cycles and uses its package archives, is now at version 12.08.
According to the developers, Kiwi Linux 12.08 is aimed at Linux beginners that don't really want to fiddle with the distribution, and it's based on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.
Highlights of Kiwi Linux 12.08:
• Classic GNOME 2 desktop is available instead of Unity;
• Chromium is the default browser;
• VLC replaced Totem as the default video player;
• There is no default email client;
• Flash, audio and video codecs for restricted formats have been added by default;
• The splash theme has been modified.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement
Download Kiwi Linux 12.08
right now from Softpedia.