Microsoft has finally unveiled a new release date for the eagerly awaited Kinect Star Wars game, as well as for the Star Wars-themed Xbox 360 bundle, which will both arrive at the beginning of April all around the world.
The Kinect sensor for the Xbox 360 has sold tens of millions of units since its release more than a year ago. Since then, plenty of games have arrived either designed for the peripheral or with some support for the motion and voice sensor.
While plenty of titles were quite interesting, lots of people eagerly awaited Kinect Star Wars, which was promised for quite some time.
After a big delay
last year, Microsoft has now revealed a new launch date for both the actual game, as well as the mighty impressive Star Wars-themed Xbox 360 bundle. Both products will now appear on April 3, in North America, and April 6, in Europe.
Besides the launch date, Microsoft has also unveiled a list of the variety of game modes that are part of Kinect Star Wars, including the Jedi Dance Battle one we heard from the title’s ESRB listing.
Among Kinect Star Wars’ game modes are:
• Space battles: As you travel the Galaxy to face an evil that threatens to undermine the fabric of the Republic, you’ll engage with forces of the Empire in intense space battles
• Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders: Pilot iconic Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders on your epic journey
• New duels: Battle opponents like Count Dooku and Darth Vader on your journey to become a Jedi
• New Duels of Fate mode, a battle-by-battle experience to sharpen your Jedi skills against the Dark Side.
• New Galactic Dance Off mode loaded with Star Wars-themed pop tunes where those still honing their Jedi skills can take a break to battle Darth Vader on the dance floor or bust a move “Solo style.”
Microsoft has also unleashed a batch of new screenshots from the game, so check them all out below.