A few minutes ago, July 7th, the KDE development team has unleashed the fifth maintenance release for KDE Software Compilation 4.6. As usual, this is a minor update, focusing on bug fixing and translation updates.
KDE Software Compilation 4.6.5 is the 5th in a series of monthly bug fixing releases to the KDE Software Compilation 4.6 series, which brings various translation updates and improvements. Everyone should update their existing KDE SC machines running version 4.6.4 or earlier (see download information at the end of the article).
"Today KDE released updates for its Workspaces, Applications, and Development Platform. These updates are the fourth in a series of monthly stabilization updates to the 4.6 series."
"4.6.5 updates bring many bugfixes and translation updates on top of the latest edition in the 4.6 series and are recommended updates for everyone running 4.6.4 or earlier versions." - said the KDE team. Highlights of KDE SC 4.6.5:
· Fixed a bug in konq-plugins;
· Fixed two bugs in Sweeper;
· Fixed a KFileReplace issue;
· Fixed several Juk issues;
· Fixed a Kapman bug.
Because it only contains fixes and translation updates, the KDE SC 4.6.5 release will be a pleasant and safe update for everyone. KDE Software Compilation 4.6.5 is translated into more than 55 languages.
|The KDE Plasma Netbook Workspace|
For a complete list of changes brought by KDE SC 4.6.5 you can check out the official changelog
Gentoo Linux and openSUSE 11.4/11.3 can update KDE SC to version 4.6.5 from their main software repositories. FreeBSD users will find KDE SC 4.6.5 packages in the ports tree
Here are a few instructions that will help you upgrade your KDE environment to KDE SC 4.6.5 on Ubuntu/Kubuntu 11.04:
- Hit the CTRL + ALT + T key combination to open a terminal.
- Type the following command to add the Kubuntu Updates PPA software repository: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa
- Open the "Update Manager" application. Let it load and update your system;
- It is recommended that you reboot your system after the update process.
For advanced users, the KDE SC 4.6.5 sources
can be downloaded right now from Softpedia.