Trinity, a computer desktop environment for Unix-like operating systems with a primary goal of retaining the overall KDE 3.5 computing style, is now at version Trinity Desktop Environment 22.214.171.124.Trinity Desktop Environment 126.96.36.199 brings a lot of updates and new features and it even includes a Trinity rebranding.
Highlights of Trinity Desktop Environment 188.8.131.52:
• Trinity 3.5.13 development now starts at SVN revision r1182534;
• Enhanced GTK Qt theme engine has been added, including tabs, checkboxes, menu backgrounds;
• An optional Secure Attention Key has been implemented to further secure the login and desktop lock dialogs;
• A built-in TDE X11 compositor has been added and certain Trinity applications, such as Amarok, now detect and use true ARGB transparency when available;
• A TDE-specific DBUS notification client has been added for higher integration with common applications such as Firefox and NetworkManager;
• OpenGL screensavers are now prevented from locking up the display;
• New "Monitor and Display" control center module has been added, for system wide single/multi monitor and display configuration;
• The Trinity project is now maintaining the required Qt glue libraries for poppler, avahi, and other applications;
• The placement of connected devices icons has been improved;
• KControl controls have been added to set default mount options;
• KMix autostart has been improved.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement. The Trinity package can be installed alongside KDE4.x. Trinity detects and adjusts for KDE4.x programs, so users can run KDE4 applications from within the Trinity environment and have both environments installed on the same machine.
There is also a known issue regarding the Ubuntu installation. When upgrading an Ubuntu installation kpowersave is unable to remove a prior file diversion. To fix, simply run the following command in a terminal:
sudo dpkg-divert --remove /etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh
Download Trinity Desktop Environment 184.108.40.206 right now from Softpedia.