Many other features have been implemented in this version
The KDE Project just announced the immediate availability for download of the second RC of KDE Software Compilation 4.10 branch.Unlike the previous RC which was more like a Christmas present, this new version has been planned and awaited by a lot of people.
Moreover, the developers have also announced that a new RC, besides this one, will be released in the first week of February 2013.
Highlights of KDE 4.10 RC2:
• QtQuick is now available in Plasma Workspaces. Plasma Quick, KDE's extensions on top of QtQuick, allows deeper integration with the system and more powerful apps and Plasma components;
• A new screen locking mechanism, based on QtQuick and which brings more flexibility and security to Plasma Desktop, has been implemented;
• A new QtQuick-based wallpaper engine has been added so that animated wallpapers are now much easier to create;
• A technique called tiled rendering allows Okular to zoom in further while reducing memory consumption;
• An improvement in the Nepomuk semantic engine now allows a faster indexing of files;
• The new Tags kioslave allows users to browse their files by tags in any KDE-powered application;
• Gwenview now supports color correction and it can be adjusted to the color profile for different monitors;
• Plasma's notifications are now rendered using QtQuick;
• The setup of printers and monitoring jobs has been improved;
• Kate, KDE's Advanced Text Editor received multiple improvements based on user feedback and now it can use Python plug-ins;
• KDE's touch-typing learning utility has been rewritten and now features a better interface;
• KSudoku now allows printing puzzles.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download the KDE 4.10 RC2 sources right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.