The fact that MTV's reality star Joey Kovar had had a problem with both legal and illegal substance abuse is no news. Some of us are well aware of the fact that, while starring on 'Real World: Hollywood,' the celebrity had to be admitted in a clinic in an attempt to cure his addiction to alcohol and drugs.
However, recent news informs us that, while still at a very early age, Joey Kovar died, most likely as a result of mixing up considerable doses of alcohol, cocaine and Viagra. The tragic event occurred this past Friday, in a household near Chicago.
reports, members of Joey's Kovar family are still in shock, more so since they considered him to be sober for well over six months and therefore did not expect him to go back to his old ways in just the blink of an eye.
However, it seems that one day prior to his death the celebrity sought out Stacey Achterhof, one of his close friends, and asked that she took him to some place where he could get in touch with a drug dealer. Joey Kovar supposedly wanted to buy some more cocaine.
When Stacey Achterhof refused to give into his pleas, he resorted to drinking heavily and also took some Viagra. Some sources
argue that is was this combination, together with the cocaine he most likely took before arriving as Stacey's house, that caused the reality star's body to quit on him.
Thus, on Friday morning she found him bleeding from his nose and displaying blackened eyes, which supposedly are quite common in cases of overdose.
For the time being, preliminary autopsy reports did not reveal any conclusive information with respect to what exactly happened to Joey Kovar. However, it is expected that more will be known in a few weeks, when the results of the blood analyses carried out will be brought to light.