The folks at Jeep have hired some developers to craft TripCast, the company’s iPhone
application offering users an easy way to track the progress of their trips, as well as the ability to post photos, videos, audio clips and notes from the road, and share them with others in real time.
The legendary car maker with nearly 70 years of heritage and a portfolio including names like Commander, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, and Wrangler, has set out to enable folks to follow a traveler's trip in real time via the iPhone, or from jeeptripcast.com. A "Points of Adventure" function offers more than 250,000 outdoor recreation spots in the United States, Jeep confirmed.
"TripCast enables everyone with a sense of adventure to plan a trip, share it with friends as their journey unfolds, and find new spots to explore," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "This new app is perfect for Jeep fans, and anyone who enjoys getting out, having fun, and sharing that fun with friends. It also provides us with a unique way to connect with a wide array of consumers, exposing them to the unique Jeep lifestyle along the way."
Key features of the TripCast iOS app are listed as follows:• Automatically maps your trail using the iPhone’s GPS capabilities
• Posts photos, videos, audio and text notes to your trip map
• Friends can follow your trip in real time on their iPhone or at www.jeeptripcast.com
• Saves your trips for later access on your iPhone or at www.jeeptripcast.com
• Links to your Facebook or Twitter accounts to post trip updates
• Includes Points of Adventure, a database of over 250,000 activity spots, including parks, bike paths, camping areas, ski resorts and more
• Offers in-App chat with friends
• Customizable Jeep® avatars show up in-App and at www.jeeptripcast.com
• Integrated iPod lets you create playlists and listen to music within the App
TripCast by Jeep is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, and requires iOS 3.1.2 or later.Download TripCast for iOS (Free)