JRuby, a 100% Java implementation of the Ruby programming language that provides a complete set of core "builtin" classes and syntax for the Ruby language, as well as most of the Ruby Standard Libraries, is now at version 1.7.0.
Highlights of JRuby 1.7.0:
• 1.9.3 is now our default runtime mode (–1.8 is needed for 1.8.7 support);
• Ruby standard library has been updated to 1.9.3p286;
• Many 1.9.x compatibility fixes have been implemented;
• Performance and concurrency improvements throughout the application;
• Java 5 support has been dropped and Java 6+ is required;
• All known 1.9 encoding issues have been resolved;
• Rubygems has been updated to version 1.8.24;
• Native features now better supported on Solaris, ARM Linux, and others.
A complete list of changes and bug fixes can be found in the official announcement
Download JRuby 1.7.0
right now from Softpedia.