Version 0.9.20 of the Ebook reader and management software Calibre was announced on February 22, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.If you have an e-book reader, the Calibre software is a must-have. It does so many things for the avid reader that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
As usual, Calibre comes with some changes, this time improving the book polishing features introduced in the previous version.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.20:
• An option to smarten punctuation in the book when polishing has been added;
• An option to delete all saved settings to the load saved settings button has been added;
• A checkbox to enable/disable the detailed polishing report has been added;
• A separate tweak has been added in Preferences-Tweaks for saving backups of files when polishing. That way you can have Calibre save backups while converting EPUB->EPUB and not while polishing;
• Clicking on the book cover to download it is now possible. This is useful on small screen devices where clicking the Get button may be difficult;
• A driver for the Energy Systems C4 Touch has been added;
• A bug that could cause the back button in the viewer to skip a location has been fixed;
• When tweaking/polishing an azw3 file that does not have an identified content ToC, do not auto-generate one;
• Use the actual cover image dimensions when creating the svg wrapper for the cover image;
• Trying to polish more than 5 books at a time not working is now possible;
• A workaround has been added for the bug in latest release of Google Chrome that causes it not towork with book lists containing some utf-8 characters.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Download Calibre 0.9.20 right now from Softpedia.