Icy Dock is launching yet another useful storage bay that allows the user to mount a slim 2.5” laptop HDD or a normal sized 3.5” desktop drive inside it. The interesting part is that the new dock is also coming with an eSATA connector next to the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 one.
Therefore, the new dock from Icy Dock is perfect for a user wanting to run its own HDD
with its own operating system and its personal data at home and at his office also.
The eSATA connector will allow the system to see the drive as a normal / internal HDD and will boot from it with the same speed and performance as from an internal HDD.
The user will have its own programs available and will not depend on the software set from work and will also have all his documents available no matter if he works at the office or at home.
Using USB 3.0
, the dock will be compatible with any other computer that comes with the classic USB 2.0 connectors or a fast USB 3.0 port.
Here are the official key features of the Icy Dock MB981U3S-1S USB 3.0/eSATA HDD Dock:* Completely screw-less / tool-less design for any type of SATA drive
* Allows docking of 2.5”/3.5” SATA HDD & SSD connected via USB 3.0, USB 2.0 or eSATA
* 2 part anti-dust cover protects internals even when small 2.5” SATA drive is used
* Easy access On/off button allows hard drive life expendability and energy conservation
* Plug & Play USB 3.0 with backwards capabilities to USB 2.0 for quick connection for
any computer system
* Exposed working HDD stands in the air vertically for fast heat dissipation.
* USB 3.0 connectivity with up to 5 Gb/sec transfer rates
* eSATA connectivity with up to 3 Gb/sec transfer rates
* Large eject button for hassle free drive removal
* Low profile power adapter for 3.5” drives
* USB bus power for 2.5” drives
* Great for DIY users and IT Professionals
* Compatible with Macbook Air & Macbook Pro
* Designed for PC & Mac systems
Pricing has not been made available yet, but the product is backed by a full 3-year warranty.