It can be difficult to burn a DMG image on a disc when the only computer you have at hand is a Windows PC. But it’s doable, even bootable.
There are several tools that get the job done but, according to our tests, none seems to perform better than PowerISO, a shareware program by PowerISO Computing Inc.
It’s pretty much all you need. Just download and install PowerISO, double-click the resulted desktop icon to launch the application, click "Tools," and then "Burn."
Locate the DMG file that you want to burn, select it and click "Open." Finally, insert a blank disc into your optical drive and click "Burn" to begin the burning session.
You should be good to go with your newly written image. If it’s something like Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Developer Preview, it will also be bootable on a Mac.
In addition to making the simple task described above even simpler, PowerISO was developed to be a powerful CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files with internal virtual drive.
It can process almost all CD-ROM image files including ISO and BIN, NRG, CDI, DAA and so on.
Other abilities of PowerISO include:
· Support both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
· Open and extract ISO File.
· Create ISO file from hard disk files or CD/DVD-ROM.
· Edit an existing ISO file directly.
· Convert image files between ISO/BIN and other formats. PowerISO can convert almost all image file formats to standard ISO format file.
· Make bootable ISO file, get boot information from bootable ISO file.
· Make floppy disk image file.
· Optimize files to save disk space while saving ISO file.
· Mount ISO file with internal virtual drive. You don't need install any other virtual drive software.
· Support for shell integration, context menu, drag and drop, clipboard copy paste...
PowerISO works on Windows versions as old as 98 and supports Windows 7. A minimum Intel Pentium 166MHz processor is required for the app to run and just 64MB memory.