After launching the original Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta on Steam for Linux, Valve has now started to push updates for the two games.Both games are pretty stable, especially after so many updates over the years, but it seems that the version for the Linux platform will need some further improvements.
Here are some highlights for the new Half-Life update (it also applies to Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta):
• The viewdemo command no longer crashes when it is used;
• The screenshot command no longer crashes;
• The HD model packs are now loading properly, if they are available and enabled;
• A crash which occurred on launch, if your graphics cards didn't support FBO's, has been fixed;
• A launch crash under SELinux has been repaired;
• Assorted crashes in Counter-Strike 1.6, due to bad string checks, have been fixed.
More details about Half-Life and can be found on the official Steam website.