Today, Taiwanese mobile phone maker HTC Corporation officially confirmed plans to hold a press event on March 25, and it has already posted a “save the date” teaser on Twitter.
The company did not provide exact info on what will be announced at the aforementioned event, yet the long rumored HTC M8 appears to be the best candidate.
HTC has confirmed that it will hold two simultaneous launch events on that day, in London and New York, and that it will unveil a device that will become its “primary flagship for 2014,” as The Verge notes.
HTC’s Twitter message that announced the upcoming event also stated the following: “The best is about to get better.”
All these details appear to be enough to point at the aforementioned unveiling of HTC M8, especially since it was long said to be a redesigned version of last year’s HTC One.
In fact, most of the latest leaked details on the device unveiled exactly the same: the new smartphone will be launched as a slightly modified and improved version of last year’s flagship.
For those out of the loop, we should note that HTC M8 is said to arrive on the market with a 5-inch touchscreen display capable of delivering a full HD resolution, as well as with a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor packed inside and with at least 2GB of RAM.
Moreover, the smartphone is expected to sport twin cameras on the back, with the main camera supposedly a 5-megapixel UltraPixel one. It will also have a front camera for making video calls. The phone is also said to pack a microSD memory card slot.
HTC M8, which might arrive on shelves as HTC One 2 or HTC One+, might also run under the latest version of Android out there, with a brand new iteration of the HTC Sense UI loaded on top.