Search Google straight from your Windows 8 workstation
Google has just released its very own search app for Windows 8 users, providing an alternative way to search the web beside the traditional browser method.The app is obviously available in the built-in Windows Store and can be downloaded for free by any Windows 8 early adopter.
Just like any other Windows 8 Modern App, it can be launched straight from the Start Screen and runs in full screen.
It can display search results in two different modes, as follows: the classic way, just like you’d search Google with your browser, and a preview version that shows you the pages you’re about to load.
The app works blazing fast and shows suggestions as you type, with a dedicated “Voice Search” option to initiate a new search by simply pronouncing the keywords.
The Google Search tool for Windows 8 workstations keeps track of your previous searches, but also comprises a dedicated option to clear history and thus erase all searching sessions.
Here are all features of the Windows 8 Google Search app, as they were published on the Windows Store product page:
- Google Searchbox - Type your search right from the app home screen, so you can find the answers you need more quickly.
- Voice Search - Use your microphone to ask Google anything and see the answer instantly.
- Image Search - Watch images load into a beautiful full-screen grid. Select images you like or swipe through to see more results.
- Search Charm - By installing the Google Search app, you can easily access Google from the Search Charm.
- Instant Previews mode - Browse search results without having to visit each page.
- View Your Searches - Swipe from the top to see the sites you visited most recently, categorized by keyword.
- Google Apps page - Access all your favorite Google products from within the app with just the tap of an icon.
- Google Instant - No need to press Enter - see results instantly as you type.