Glade 3.15.1 Released with UI Refactoring and Fixing
This development release of Glade is dubbed DoggFood
Glade, a User Interface (UI) designer crafted for the GNOME desktop environment reached version 3.15.1 a few days ago, as announced by Tristan Van Berkom.Glade 3.15.1 is an unstable version, it depends on GTK+ 3.9.0, and it brings numerous fixes and improvements over previous releases.
“Glade 3.15.1 is the second unstable development snapshot in the 3.15 series and depends on GTK+ 3.9.0. The Glade 3.15.1 release has been affectionately named after the 1995 release by Snoop Dogg and Tha Dogg Pound Gang.”
“After the whopping release of Juan Pablo's Drag and Drop support, this new release was originally planned to support editing of files using the new <template> syntax, to support Composite Widget Templates, but we couldn't resist stepping it,” Tristan Van Berkom said in the official release announcement.
Highlights of Glade 3.15.1:
• Numerous fixing and refactoring to the User Interface;
• Autosave support;
• Ability to backup previous revision on save;
• Ability to configure what types of errors to display at save time;
• The Inspector is now able to display warnings for any widgets that might cause errors;
• Glade Preview received new --screenshot and --css options;
• Main window shortcuts were fixed;
• Added support for editing the GtkWidget:name property;
• Updated the GTK+ catalog to cover widgets in GTK+ 3.8;
• Added two unit tests;
• Added the “Grid" option to the “Add parent" menu;
• Added Gladeui catalog for embedders and IDE's to design Glade front-ends;
• Lots of various bug fixes and UI fixes.
Last but not least, the following elements have had a major facelift and are now using Composite Widget Templates to define the User Interface: GladePreferences, GladeProjectProperties, GladeEditor, GladeActivatableEditor, GladeButtonEditor, GladeEntryEditor, GladeImageEditor, GladeLabelEditor and GladeWidgetEditor.
Download Glade 3.15.1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW