Git 1.8.1 RC0 Brings Command-Line Completion Scripts
The latest Git package can be downloaded from Softpedia
Git, a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency, is now at version 1.8.1 RC0.Highlights of Git 1.8.1 RC0:
• Command-line completion scripts for tcsh and zsh have been added;
• A new remote-helper interface for Mercurial has been implemented in contrib/remote-helpers;
• Some documentation pages that used to ship only in the plain text are now also available in HTML format;
• A new configuration variable "diff.context" is available for use;
• Compilation on Cygwin, with newer header files, is now supported.
For a complete list of changes, check the official mailing list announcement.
Download Git 1.8.1 RC0 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW