Git 184.108.40.206 Version Control System Is Available for Download
The developers have fixed quite a few problems in the previous versions
Git, a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency, is now at version 220.127.116.11.According to the developer, Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning-fast performance. It's considered similar to the SCM tools like Subversion, CVS, Perforce, and ClearCase with features like cheap local branching, convenient staging areas, and multiple workflows.
As far as releases go, Git 18.104.22.168 is not the biggest update so far, but it does introduce some pretty interesting changes and updates.
Highlights of Git 22.214.171.124:
• The attribute mechanism didn't allow limiting attributes to be applied to only a single directory itself with "path/" like the exclude mechanism does. The fix for this in 126.96.36.199 had performance degradations;
• Command line completion code was inadvertently made incompatible with older versions of bash by using a newer array notation;
• Scripts to test bash completion was inherently flaky as it was affected by whatever random things the user may have had on $PATH;
• A fix was added to the build procedure as a work around. Buggy versions of the ccache broke the auto-generation of dependencies, which unfortunately is still relevant because some people use ancient distros;
• "git am" did not parse datestamp correctly from Hg generated patch, when it is run in a locale outside C (or en);
• Attempt to "branch --edit-description" an existing branch, while being on a detached HEAD, eroded out;
• "git cherry-pick" did not replay a root commit to an unborn branch;
• Rebasing the history of superproject with change in the submodule has been broken since v1.7.12.
url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
url = https://github.com/gitster/git
For a complete list of changes, check the official changelog.
Download Git 188.8.131.52 right now from Softpedia.