Git, a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency, is now at version 188.8.131.52.
According to the developer, Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning-fast performance. It's considered similar to the SCM tools like Subversion, CVS, Perforce, and ClearCase with features like cheap local branching, convenient staging areas, and multiple workflows.
As far as releases go, Git 184.108.40.206 is not the biggest update so far, but it does introduce some pretty interesting changes and updates. Highlights of Git 220.127.116.11:
• An element on GIT_CEILING_DIRECTORIES list, that does not name the real path to a directory (i.e. a symbolic link) and which could have caused the GIT_DIR discovery logic to escape the ceiling, has been fixed;
• The command line completion for “tcsh” emitted an unwanted space after completing a single directory name. This problem has been corrected;
• Command line completion leaked an unnecessary error message while looking for possible matches with paths in <tree-ish>. This issue has been fixed;
• “git archive” did not record uncompressed size in the header when streaming a zip archive, which confused some implementations of unzip. A patch has been implemented;
• When users spelled “cc:” in lowercase in the fake “header” in the trailer part, “git send-email” failed to pick up the addresses from there. As e-mail headers field names are case insensitive, this script should follow suit and treat “cc:” and “Cc:” the same way;
• Various documentation fixes have been added.
The following public repositories all have a copy of the v18.104.22.168 tag and the main branch that the tag points at:
url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
url = https://github.com/gitster/git
For a complete list of changes, check the official changelog
. Download Git 22.214.171.124
right now from Softpedia.