Git 184.108.40.206 Version Control System Is Available for Download
The developers have fixed quite a few bugs from the previous versions
Git, a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency, is now at version 220.127.116.11.According to the developer, Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. It's considered similar to the SCM tools like Subversion, CVS, Perforce, and ClearCase with features like cheap local branching, convenient staging areas, and multiple workflows.
As releases go, Git 18.104.22.168 is quite a large one, with a huge list of changes and improvements.
Highlights of Git 22.214.171.124:
• The attribute mechanism didn't allow limiting attributes to be applied to only a single directory itself with "path/" like the exclude mechanism does;
• When attempting to read the XDG-style $HOME/.config/git/config and finding that $HOME/.config/git is a file, the application gave a wrong error message, instead of treating the case as "a custom config file does not exist there" and moving on;
• After failing to create a temporary file using mkstemp(), failing pathname was not reported correctly on some platforms;
• A child process that was killed by a signal (e.g. SIGINT) was reported in an inconsistent way depending on how the process was spawned by us, with or without a shell in between;
• When "git clone --separate-git-dir=$over_there" is interrupted, it failed to remove the real location of the $GIT_DIR it created. This was most visible when interrupting a submodule update;
• When a line to be wrapped has a solid run of non-space characters whose length exactly is the wrap width, "git shortlog -w" failed to add a newline after such a line.
The following public repositories all have a copy of the v126.96.36.199 tag and the main branch that the tag points at:
url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
url = https://github.com/gitster/git
For a complete list of changes, check the official changelog.
Download Git 188.8.131.52 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW