New maps, a fresh multiplayer mode, as well as new achievements are included
Ubisoft has confirmed that it’s going to release a brand new downloadable content pack for its recent Ghost Recon: Future Soldier shooter, in the form of the Khyber Strike pack, which brings new maps for the multiplayer and Guerrilla mode, as well as a new online experience, achievements, and a higher level cap.Ghost Recon: Future Soldier delivered a great tactical third-person shooter experience at the beginning of summer and has since been supported by Ubisoft with plenty of new content, including two big add-ons named Arctic and Raven Strike.
Now, a third expansion has just been confirmed by Ubisoft, in the form of Khyber Strike. Like previous DLCs, the new one brings fresh maps for the multiplayer and Guerrilla experiences, as well as a new online mode called Takeover, plus fresh achievements and a bigger level cap.
Check out the key features of the new DLC for Future Soldier below.
3 new multiplayer maps
- Switchback: Step off the main road leading down into the city and into a maze of ancient buildings and narrow alleys. The twists and turns of the alleyways turn every corner into a close-quarters deathtrap.
- Palace: There's no time for reflection even in this magnificent relic. What once was a museum dedicated to showing the glories of the past is now a battlefield, with a massive courtyard at the heart of its contested ground.
- Transit: A Moscow metro station makes for close quarters and close-range combat. Trains pulling into and out of the station add to the danger as Ghosts and Bodark slug it out underground.
1 new multiplayer game mode: “Takeover”
- Similar to a classic team deathmatch, score points for your team by eliminating enemies. Tip the scales by taking control of the enemy’s objective and earn a score multiplier to your team. Defend your team’s objective to prevent the enemy from gaining the same advantage. Choose to split your team to defend and attack at the same time, or move as a group and overwhelm your enemy. When the mission ends, the team with highest score wins.
1 Guerrilla Mode map “Village” (4 players online / 2 players in local split screen)
- A peaceful country village finds itself transformed into a battleground, as fighting rages around its central bus station. Long alleyways that run between war-damaged buildings make a perfect hunting ground for snipers, and a shootout near the town's gas station could turn explosive.
Level cap increase of +10
The Khybar Strike add-on for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is out on October 9, for the Xbox 360, and October 10, for the PlayStation 3, and costs 800 MS Points/€10/$10.