Gears of War 3 is the newest third person, cover-based shooter from developer Epic Games and publisher Microsoft, released exclusively for the Xbox 360 console on September 20, the third in the Gears of War franchise, exclusive to the Microsoft platform, except for the first title, which also appeared on the PC.
The game closes the trilogy of titles from Epic Games set in the fictional Gears of War universe, bringing an end to the story of protagonist Marcus Fenix and his Delta Squad teammates, as they try to put an end to the war between humans and the alien Locust and Lambent races, on the fictional planet of Sera, which has been all but destroyed by the ongoing battles and conflicts between its inhabitants.
Weapons and skins
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding weapon or skin. Note: Achievement-based bonuses will not activate until the day after earning the achievement.
- Gold Lancer/Hammerburst: Play during the first week of the game's launch.
- All Gold Weapons (including Gold Gnasher): Earn the "Veteran Gear" achievement in Gears of War 2.
- Liquid Metal Skin Set: Purchase the Gears Of War 3 Season Pass.
- Gold Sawed-off: Earn the "Commando" achievement in Gears Of War.
- Chrome Lancer: Earn the "Don't Hate The Player" achievement in Gears Of War.
- Chrome Hammerburst: Earn the "Dirty Dirty Horde" achievement in Gears Of War 2.
- Chrome Retro Lancer: Earn the "Domination" achievement in Gears Of War.
- Chrome Gnasher: Complete the campaign for all three Gears Of War games.
- Chrome Sawed-off: Earn any achievement for Gears Of War PC.
- Onyx Skins: Earn the Onyx medal for a weapon to unlock the corresponding skin.
- Gold Omen Skin Set: Achieve Rank 100 in Gears Of War 3.