Gears of War 3 has just received details on its first downloadable content pack, in the form of the Horde Command one, which is set to arrive on November 1 and bring lots of upgrades to the Horde cooperative multiplayer mode.
Barely has Gears of War 3 been released on the Xbox 360 and there's been quite a lot of talk about downloadable content
, with Epic Games, its developer, confirming that there will be new adventures coming to the single-player and multiplayer modes of the title.
Now, the first DLC has been detailed, with Microsoft and Epic Games confirming that the Horde Command Pack is coming to Gears of War 3 and is designed to improve the game's cooperative Horde mode with new options.
The downloadable add-on is comprised of three new maps, three new playable characters, two weapon skins, new achievements worth 250 Gamerscore poitns and a variety of new features for the Horde mode, so check them all out below.
Three spectacular new maps:- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
- BernieNew weapon skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
The new upgrades can also be used in the Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches.
Gears of War 3's Horde Command Pack is out on November 1 and costs 800 Microsoft Points. If you got a Season Pass, then it's going to be free of charge. Check out four screenshots of the new maps and characters below.