GStreamer, a development framework for creating applications such as media players, video editors, and so on, has finally reached version 1.2.2.The GStreamer project has announced that a new API and ABI-stable 1.x series, which makes up the GStreamer multimedia framework, has been released.
Highlights of GStreamer 1.2.2:
• Live radio stream buffering is now working properly;
• Clearing ghostpad sticky events when switching targets no longer causes regressions;
• Switching audio tracks now works on some files;
• It’s now possible to play audio streams and use the visualization plugin at the same time;
• All mpeg files are now identified as mpeg files;
• A segfault that occurred when generating a color backround in UYVY has been fixed.
A complete list of architectural changes, new features, and updates can be found in the official changelog. Download GStreamer 1.2.2 right now from Softpedia.