GStreamer 1.2.0 Released with Microsoft Smooth Streaming Support
The latest version of GStreamer can be downloaded from Softpedia
GStreamer, a development framework for creating applications such as media players, video editors, and so on, has finally reached version 1.2.0.The GStreamer project has announced that a new API and ABI-stable 1.x series, which makes up the GStreamer multimedia framework, has been released.
The developers have launched a large number of intermediate versions that introduced a huge number of changes and new options.
“The GStreamer team is pleased to announce the first release of the stable 1.2 release series. The 1.2 release series is adding new features on top of the 1.0 series and is part of the API and ABI-stable 1.x release series of the GStreamer multimedia framework that contains new features,” reads the official announcement.
Highlights of GStreamer 1.2.0:
• A new API for GL texture upload conversion meta that allows different buffer types to be converted to an OpenGL texture has been added;
• GstCapsFeatures is now used as an extension to GstCaps that allows the negotiation of specific memory or meta requirements between elements;
• A new tool called gst-play-1.0 has been added in gst-plugins-base and it's used for basic playback testing on the command line;
• The mssdemux plugin has been added to support Microsoft Smooth Streaming;
• The openjpeg plugin has been added to support JPEG2000 decoding and encoding;
• The handling of interlaced video in converters such as videoscale and videoconvert has been fixed.
“The versioning scheme that is used in general is that 1.x.y is API and ABI backwards compatible with previous 1.x.y releases. If x is an even number it is a stable release series and all releases in this series will only contain important bugfixes, e.g. the 1.0 series with 1.0.7,” is also stated in the announcement.
A complete list of architectural changes, new features, and updates can be found in the official changelog. Download GStreamer 1.2.0 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW