GNOME Shell, a user interface that provides functions for the GNOME 3 desktop environment, has just received a new update and it's now at version 3.7.4.
GNOME Shell 3.7.4 is the fourth development version in the branch that will eventually become GNOME Shell 3.8 and it does pack quite a lot of new features. Highlights of GNOME Shell 3.7.4:
• Menu separators are now crisper;
• The power module has been updated for new D-Bus name;
• Smooth scrolling support has been added;
• The notification layout has been tweaked;
• The active window is now pinged when using the app menu;
• Password entries are now insensitive after submission.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement
. Download GNOME Shell 3.7.4
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.