The developers behind the GNOME Settings Daemon package for the GNOME desktop environment, announced earlier today, January 15, the immediate availability for download and testing of GNOME Settings Daemon 3.7.4.
This development release of the GNOME Settings Daemon package is part of the upcoming GNOME 3.7.4 desktop environment, which should be released tomorrow, January 16, 2013.
Highlights of GNOME Settings Daemon 3.7.4:
• Added the ability to filter notifications;
• Screenshots can now be saved without the need for gnome-screenshot tool;
• The on-screen OSD design has been updated;
• The output device is now shown when the volume is modified;
• The "Battery" key received support for OSD (On-Screen Display) – it works only with certain laptops;
• Added support for the microphone mute key – it works only with certain keyboards;
• The sound initialization has been moved outside the critical startup path;
• Added a test suite;
• Fixed updated brightness issue on the Power settings panel;
• Fixed screen dimming issues;
• Fixed the “longer timeouts” problem;
• The screen is now automatically blanked when the shield is down;
• The idle configuration is now updated correctly when unplugging or plugging the mains;
• The screen of MacBook laptops is now turned off correctly on suspend;
• VM detection can now be overridden, using the gnome.is_vm= kernel command-line parameter;
• Implemented new mockups in GNOME Control Center;
• The touch buttons can now be reseted to its initial state on 64-bit systems;
• Modes can now be switched with the OSD turned on;
• default-monitors-setup is now used for automatic configuration after boot;
• Fixed an issue with purging.
More details can be found in the raw changelog.
Download GNOME Settings Daemon 3.7.4 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.