Middle-click paste can be enabled via the GNOME Tweak Tool application
The GNOME developers announced a few days ago that the first Beta release of the upcoming GNOME Settings Daemon 3.10 package, a daemon run by all GNOME sessions to provide live access to configuration settings and the changes done to them, is available for download and testing.GNOME Settings Daemon 3.10 Beta is available for testing in the unstable GNOME 3.10 Beta 1 release, and consolidates access to common bus proxies, such as screensaver and session. Below is a detailed list with all the changes implemented in this Beta release of GNOME Settings Daemon:
- Fixed a bug that prevented files in the Trash from being purged;
- Added a new way to watch DBus namespaces;
- Used an MPRIS interface to handle Pause, Play and other multimedia keys, just in case a native client is not registered for the media-keys API;
- Added a binding to take a short screencast of the desktop;
- Added a keyboard shortcut to toggle the screen reader;
- Edge scrolling is now enabled by default if two-finger scroll is unavailable;
- Added Brightness property for keyboard backlights;
- logind is now used to discover critical action availability;
- Poll remote CUPS servers for notifications;
- Implemented various asynchronous functionality;
- Code cleanup;
- Added a property to determine whether to toggle or not the airplane mode;
- Dropped support for handling monitors.xml, the initial modeset for the session, lid switches, and monitor hotplug - all are now implemented in Mutter;
- Disabled middle-click paste by default (users will be able to enable it via the GNOME Tweak Tool application);
- Added support for detecting and setting a scale factor on high DPI displays.
As reported by Softpedia earlier, the middle-click paste support has been re-enabled and it will be available in the second Beta release of GNOME Settings Daemon 3.10. More details can be found in the official raw changelog.
Download GNOME Settings Daemon 3.10 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.