GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection that includes frontends for C, C++, Fortran, Objective-C, Java, Ada, and Go, has just reached version 4.8.0 RC.Highlights of GCC 4.8.0 RC:
• DWARF4 is now the default when generating DWARF debug information;
• A new general optimization level, -Og, has been introduced. It addresses the need for fast compilation and a superior debugging experience while providing a reasonable level of runtime performance;
• A new option -ftree-partial-pre was added to control the partial redundancy elimination (PRE) optimization;
• The option -fconserve-space has been removed;
• Link-time optimization (LTO) improvements have been made;
• AddressSanitizer, a fast memory error detector, has been added and can be enabled via -fsanitize=address.
A complete version of the changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download GCC 4.8.0 RC right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.