GCC 4.8.0 Final Version Officially Released
A lot of fixes and new features have been added in this stable release
GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection that includes frontends for C, C++, Fortran, Objective-C, Java, Ada, and Go, has just reached version 4.8.0.Highlights of GCC 4.8.0:
• A new general optimization level, -Og, has been introduced;
• A new option -ftree-partial-pre was added. Users can now control the partial redundancy elimination (PRE) optimization;
• The option -fconserve-space has been removed;
• LTO partitioning has been rewritten for better reliability and several critical bugs related to this feature were corrected;
• The diagnostic now includes the original source line and a caret '^' indicating the column;
• A new -Wsizeof-pointer-memaccess warning has been added;
• G++ now implements C++11 inheriting constructor;
• G++ now supports a -fext-numeric-literal option. Users can now control if the GNU numeric literal suffixes can be accepted as extensions.
A complete version of the changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download GCC 4.8.0 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW