Frugalware 1.8 RC1 Has Linux Kernel 3.7.1
The developers also updated the mesa drivers and the KDE package
Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), has reached version 1.8. RC1 and is now available for testing.Frugalware 1.8 RC1 has been dubbed Cinna and is the third version in this new development branch.
Highlights of Frugalware 1.8 RC1:
• Linux kernel was updated to version 3.7.1;
• KDE SC has been updated to version 4.9.5;
• Boost has been updated to version 1.50.0;
• The mesa 7.11 drivers have been revived to support hardware that mesa upstream dropped its support for;
• CPU scaling on i686 and x86_64 now works out of the box for most hardware.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Frugalware 1.7 RC1 (Cinna) right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW