Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), has reached version 1.8. Pre2 and is now available for testing.
Frugalware 1.8 Pre2 has been dubbed Cinna and is the second technical preview in this new development branch.
Highlights of Frugalware 1.8 Pre2:
• Linux kernel was updated to version 3.6.6;
• KDE SC was updated to version 4.9.3;
• GNOME was updated to version 3.6;
• XOrg Server was updated to version 1.13.0;
• CPU scaling on i686 and x86_64 now works out of the box for most hardware.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement
Download Frugalware 1.7 Pre2 (Cinna)
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.