Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), has reached version 1.8. Pre1 is now available for testing.
Frugalware 1.8 Pre1 has been dubbed Cinna and the first technical preview in this new development brand.
Highlights of Frugalware 1.8 Pre1:
· Linux kernel was updated to version 3.5.4;
· KDE SC was updated to version 4.9.1;
· GCC was updated to version 4.7.2;
· GRUB was updated to version 2.0;
· systemd was updated to version 189;
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement
Download Frugalware 1.7 Pre1 (Cinna) right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.