Frugalware, a general purpose Linux operating system designed for intermediate users (who are not afraid of text mode), is now at version 1.7 Pre1.
Frugalware 1.7 Pre1 has yet to receive a codename, but it's the first technical preview in the 1.7 branch. As usual, there are quite a few differences from the previous version.
Highlights of Frugalware 1.7 Pre1:
· Linux kernel 3.3;
· KDE SC 4.8.1;
· LibreOffice 3.5.1;
· Mozilla Firefox 11.0, Mozilla Thunderbird 11.0, Seamonkey 2.8;
· Kernel modules are now compressed with XZ;
· GRUB1 was replaced by GRUB2;
· Text installer can now install to GPT labels;
· pm-radeon for setting radeon KMS power management at startup was introduced;
· phc package family brings experimental CPU undervolting, a much needed feature.
A complete changelog is available here
Download Frugalware 1.7 Pre1
right now from Softpedia.
Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.